Saturday, April 26, 2008

Interlude

Finally, the weather was actually inviting one to experience it rather than saying "DON'T be nuts. Stay inside, moron" loud and clear. I was at work, and in a moment of partial procrastination and succumbing to the temptation that looking out the window produced, I walked outside the back door and stood there for a few minutes, leaning up against a brick staircase and watching the traffic go by on the nearby street.

Then, I saw a kid--a boy about six or seven years old--run behind the building, coming from the square around the front. He was shirtless, his shorts a little long for him, and his face was beet red presumably from having been out in the sun. He stopped next to a pickup truck that was parked in the loading zone there, pulled his shorts down, and peed on the pavement there in my full view. I felt bad enough that he entered my line of sight and chose to remain there while he relieved himself that I looked away, hoping that when I turned my head back, his pants would have been closer to his waistline.

After he finished, he walked towards me on the sidewalk, heading for the stairway I was leaning on. As he passed me, he gave me this "what's your problem?" look.

Geez.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You can't win there. He'd sue you if you did anthing.

littlemikemack said...

I didn't see that coming. Spring is a time to...

M@ said...

I thought he was going to slap you on the ass.

In light of that story, I predict that you will enjoy this video: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/26/pkg.seven.stolen.car.wpbf?iref=videosearch

Sayani said...

why do we need to suppress the protest

anonymous jones said...

Boys are so vulgar.